Our BETA auto-texturing feature currently works best with the orthographic front view of the object.
❗Please note that an asset can no longer be iterated after textures are applied❗
However, the textured models are saved as an iteration of the original raw output, so you can always access the un-textured model and iterate that, even after you have tried the texturing functionality.
How to use
1. Open Kaedim 3D viewer
Once you've achieved your ideal geometry open your asset of choice in our 3D viewer by clicking on the asset picture and subsequently the ‘Open Editor’ option in the asset card
4. Automatic texturing
To the right of the page are all the tools you can access on the 3D viewer.
The following icon is for auto-texturing:
By clicking on it this pop-up will appear:
Here you have 2 options:
1. Image Projection
2. Automated Coloring
1. Automatic Image Projection
Within image projection there are three choices you can make:
1. Upload the front view only and create a monochrome background. To do this select monochrome background “On” and upload your file of the front view which will be applied as texture. The back will have a monochrome tone applied to it that relates to the asset texture. eg:
Allow a few seconds your 3D model will be texturized.
2. Upload your files of the front in both views for them to be mirrored throughout the model. eg:
Allow a few seconds for your 3D model to be texturized.
3. Upload your files of the front and back views for your model to be textured with both views. eg:
2. Automatic Vertex Colouring
This feature will allow you to automatically color your model. This works best for less detailed textures as well as for both orthographic and perspective views.
For a visual demonstration please view our Auto-texturing demo video.