Comment on page
Six-View Texturing button
Six-view texturing allows you to choose specific PBR texture maps to apply to specific meshes, and also provide six orthographic views (front, back, top, bottom, left, right) of your desired textured model to produce a texturing result that more closely matches your desired output.
- Textures must be uploaded as ZIP files, containing the three maps:
- 1.Base colour map
- 2.Roughness map
- 3.Normal map
- The filenames of these maps must contain “color”, “rough” and “normal” for us to distinguish the different maps. For example:
- Providing all six views is optional. The front, side and top views are usually sufficient.
- The total size of the ZIPs and view images must not exceed 50MB
On the UI for Six-View Texturing, we can see the following:
- On the right hand side, you can see a list of meshes present in our 3D model
- On the top-left side, you can see the modal where you upload your textures and six view
UI for Six-View Texturing with files upload modal and mesh list
First, you upload the texture ZIPs you want applied to the meshes. To do so,
- 1.Select all the meshes that are of the same texture by clicking the mesh in the 3D viewer. Selected meshes will have a glowing outline.
- 2.Upload the ZIP file in the modal and select Apply to Meshes. To remove the texture from the selected meshes, select Clear meshes.
- 3.Check that the correct ZIPs have been applied in the right menu
Applying textures to meshes
When all meshes have had a texture ZIP applied to it (which you can check in the right menu), click Next to proceed to upload your six views. The top left modal should now display this:
Uploading six orthographic views
When all your desired views have been uploaded, click Upload to generate the texturing.
After waiting for a few seconds, you should see this modal at the top of the page.
Successful texture request confirmation
If the texturing fails, you will receive a Discord notification that your “Asset failed!”, as well as this status in your Home page.
Failed texturing request status
Last modified 2d ago